The North Stamford Congregational Church is available as a location for film projects and photo shoots. Located in the midst of the natural beauty of hilly and woodsy North Stamford, it is situated on a large piece of land that offers several indoor and outdoor options. The property boasts a vast history going back to the 18th century.
The site has been used for projects including a Wes Craven film originally titled '25/8' and released in 2010 as 'My Soul To Take'.
- Historic buildings including a white colonial church built in 1874 and a one-room schoolhouse used in the late 19th and early 20th century.
- 6.5 acres of land surrounded by lush trees, woods, and gardens.
- Large recreational building with a cathedral ceiling, elevated stage, bathrooms, and more. A full kitchen is available for use by a caterer of your choice.
- Large parking lot for vehicles, trucks, and equipment with convenient access to the buildings.
The Colonial Church
The historic white church is the focal point of the property. Built in 1874 and still in use today, it is admired for its simple beauty and colonial architecture. It sits on top of a grassy hill with a driveway in front curving up from the rural road, offering an elegant entrance to the property. It is used frequently for weddings. See photo 1.
The Guild House
The Margaret D. Givens Guild House was originally the one-room North Stamford School. This building was received from the town of Stamford in 1913 and moved to where the Stone House now stands to its present site behind the church. It was dedicated in 1952 and today provides church offices and a meeting room. See photo 2.
The Stone House
The Stone House is a two-story building used for meetings, parties, social events, and performing arts programs. It offers a hardwood floor banquet area, cathedral ceiling, and elevated stage with drapes on the upper level, along with a full kitchen and bathrooms on the lower level. Built in 1925, the building was a gift from Judge Charles Davenport Lockwood to the North Stamford Congregational Church. See photo 3.
The Memorial Garden and Columbarium
The Memorial Garden and Columbarium is a private sanctuary with memorial benches and a garden. Stone walls house loved ones' remains in individual niches. The garden and columbarium are complete with a simple cross on the hillside overlooking the gardens. See photo 4.
A large private lot for parking is available next to the church and can accommodate many vehicles, trucks, trailers, and equipment. It's conveniently located in close proximity of each building. See photo 5.
Driving Directions & Map
The church property is located is North Stamford, two miles north of the Merritt Parkway (Route 15). Click here for a map and directions.
Download and share our brochure.
Contact Us for More Information & Pricing
Personal consultation and viewing of the property is available by appointment only. Please call the church office at 203-322-1255 or e-mail email@example.com to arrange a time and for pricing information.
Local Film Resources